The Entrepreneur Scholarship
This scholarship is meant to encourage students who are passionate about building their career in the startup ecosystem of Massachusetts. The program is open to juniors and beyond from any major who have a desire to work for a venture capital backed startup, and potentially start their own company someday.
In addition to a scholarship, the program includes a mentorship opportunity with Dan Phillps. Dan has been an executive in five venture capital backed startups and is an advisor in the UMass Boston Venture Development Center. Dan will meet with the winner(s) on a regular basis to offer mentorship and assist the student in acquiring the skills necessary to launch their careers. Additionally, If mutually agreeable, Dan will assist the student with finding a suitable internship through his many industry connections.
To be considered for the award students must be interested in the mentorship opportunity as listed above and meet the following criteria:
- Be Passionate about an entrepreneurial career
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.75 or above
- Be a Junior or Senior in an undergraduate degree program
- Be currently working and utilizing loans or other financial aid towards their cost of attendance
- There is a preference for students who are the first in their family to attend college
- Dan Phillips
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have a desire to work for a venture captial backed start up or to potentially start your own company someday?
- Are you passionate about building your career in the startup ecosystem of Massachusetts?
- Would you be interested in meeting with a mentor to assist you in developing the necessary skills to help you launch your career?